Friday, May 31, 2013

Flora, All Over

Let's look at some plant life. This divider at an outside eating area of a restaurant

has rosemary as a topiary.
I don't know that I have ever seen that before.

They are forced to look like little trees.  I wonder if they just come out to the front and cut off a sprig or two for their cooking purposes.  Maybe with a cover of darkness.
 
Chicago is in the throes of filling all the flower beds all over the city with lush greenery.


You can't tell from this photo but this topiary dragon (in parts) has the spine made of the larger part of hens and chicks.

This dragon/serpent has parts in several flower beds, with the tail showing up in the third one.  I want one of these for my front garden!

I don't know what kind of tree this is but see the dark burgundy leaves sprouting out of the center?

Here is a close up.  There is no indication that it was a graft job.

Look at me being a hand model, showing you the beautiful leaves.


My dogwood didn't last long; it looked like this last week and


this is what it looks like this morning.  What a change, huh?

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Love the dark burgundy leaves!!!! What a cool tree!!

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

It is a tri color beech. A Lovely tree.