Friday, May 17, 2013

Tom Thumb


Yesterday morning was a rarity for us here at Casa Fitzsimmons.  G was home and more than willing to go with Bella and me to get the herbs and flowers for the season.  There was a reason for this; he had a doctor's appointment locally at 11:30.  While in Florida and crossing a parking lot to enter a supermarket, G had the misfortune of having a car back out of it's parking space and into him.  He thought nothing of it at the time (well over two months) and didn't even get the guys name who did the damage.  Anyway, long story short, he is now a limping old man.  He has an MRI next week.  It has cut into our exercise routine and so it's salads and fish for dinners.  I want to kill that guy!

Back to me; the car was full of various growing things so we headed home so that G could recline and I could dig.
The mint and chives have to be segregated because they have those roots that tunnel underground and you can't stop their spread.  I learned that the hard way.  We had to move because of the chives!  I could never stop their growth.



My five concrete pots were freshened up from their last pine inhabitants.  I think I watered them too much.  The flowers should be upright, right?

I even bought some separators to fence off my parsley, sage rosemary (see where I am going with this, Paul and Art?) thyme, oregano, and cilantro.  The landscapers took out my herbs while cleaning up the front garden last year.


My first harvest of basil for pesto is in the pots, enjoying a beautiful day by the lake.

We are having a quilting weekend.  I should have four smiling faces joining me today.  Rain is in the forecast.  I don't think that will bother us!

1 comment:

Gayle from MI said...

I could smell that basil all the way across the lake. Oh and across the entire state of Michigan too.