Friday, July 26, 2013

12" Quilt Exchange


G's first tomatoes of the year are harvested.  I did the honors because he had surgery on Tuesday for that screwed up knee he has been dealing with since he was hit by a car in the parking lot of Publix's in Florida.  The green ones were on the ground and I thought I could give them a better chance of surviving for a BLT if I picked them up.

Do you remember when I talked about getting together with five other girls and making 12" quilts to exchange?  Well, the deadline has passed and I have all my beautiful quilts.


Click on these to see the great detail.


I love the fact that they are all so different.

There is fiber work, bead work


and hand stitching.
 
Each one has it's own voice.  Make sure you click on these to see the detail.

I just keep looking at them all.

We need to do this again.

3 comments:

dee said...

Tiny gems all of them. This was a great idea. I like the quilting on your piece. Adds lots of movement. I did some 12 pieces a while back. It's a challenge to get your idea into such a restricted space.

I liked your take on Dennis Farina. He was one of my very favorites. Such a gentle-man and great sense of humor. He will be missed.

Robbie said...

I love the squares too!!! And each are so different!!! Yes, you should do it again!

Gayle from MI said...

I want to do it again too! I love them all.