Tuesday, July 23, 2013

An Apple A Day

I left yesterday morn at the crack to meet up with the grand girls fro a trip to the Shedd Aquarium. I haven't processed the pictures yet.  There are lots of them.

I don't know where I saw this, but I know it wasn't Pinterest.  I just so happened to have a couple of stray Fuji apples
so I thought I would try out this simple baked apple.  You peel and slice an apple.

You mix together 1 t. splenda, 1 t. water, and 1/4 t. vanilla and 1/4 t. corn starch.

 
You throw the apples in a ziplock and add the mix.

Nook it for three minutes.  I poked a hole in the top of the bag but you probably don't need to.

You end up with a sixty calorie (except for the frozen yogurt I have with mine) scrumptious breakfast or treat.  I have had it every day since the first time I made it.  Because my brain works this way, I have a large, to scale mix of the three dry ingredients in a little container so I can just add the water and a teaspoon and a half of the mix.  Do this; you won't be sorry.

No comments: