Monday, July 01, 2013

Gettin' Ready

I have been gradually plodding along with the auction quilt for the Humane Society.  These kind of quilts aren't challenging to me so they sort of get the slow treatment .
Now my goal is to have it complete except for possibly the binding, which I save in the summer for cool nights due to a queen/king sized quilt lying on me.


I have all of the blocks bordered once and have a few of them bordered twice and will finish that up today.  It will have one more border and then it will be ready for quilting.

I have just started thinking about the food for this long, fun weekend.  One lunch will definitely consist of hot dogs and fries along with handing out Chicago style hot dogs to unsuspecting beach goers.  I have already made Claudia's salsa and frozen it due to making a double batch last weekend and it was way too much.  I will make my red velvet cupcakes for sure and probably try out a rib variation that uses saran wrap that I saw on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.  I am thinking of my Pork Pile because my brother and SIL haven't had it yet.  That's all I got so far.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I love the cat quilt. I plan to make a small one for Raven.

dee said...

the blood pressure meds are so annoying. I swear mine makes me feel tired often. Of course age would have nothing to do with that...hmmm.
The getting old thing is so tiresome isn't it? People have suggested that I join stuff like AARP-Tommy, I have seen those people at the library and they are old farts. Last year, I had to accept a donation check for the Food Pantry and they were all in little cliques bitching about each other...fascinating and not a little scary.