Thursday, July 04, 2013

Happy Birthday America!

Half of the family are here and they are enjoying the morning of the 4th of July with some english muffins, bagels and banana bread.

My company of six (four kids) awhile back aren't banana lovers like my kids were.   I bought lots of bananas thinking they would be gobbled up but not so much.  So I waited until the ripening process was complete and got out my trusty Mrs. Fields Cookie Book from the early 
90's and made my favorite (and only one I make) Mrs. Field's Banana Bread.  It calls for at least seven bananas and makes two loaves.

 I have just posted the recipe on Tommy Cooks.

While the loaves were cooling, Micky dropped by and I gave her a loaf to take back to her staff.  Since I see them all the time, I got terrific feedback on the yum factor  and moistness of the bread.The loaves are always lovely.  Make some for your upcoming holiday company.  They will thank you.

Ah, Debbi, I remember wanting your hair back in the day.  I am ever so glad I got over that!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have to laugh... that book is one of my go-to's. When I saw that a friend was selling her copy in her garage sale, I asked her what she was thinking? LOL! Happy 4th!