Tuesday, July 02, 2013

This and That

I was on the food network website looking for what I put into my broccoli salad and realized that there is no outward sign that Paula Deen has ever been on the network. That is not to say that if you go further into the sight you can find stuff about and from her. She is no longer on the chef list or in any listings for future programming. Talking about screwing the pouch! She will regret opening her mouth, southern girl or not.

On Sunday I learned some very interesting things on Iron Chef. Alton Brown was doing a segue to kitchen stadium and this is what I learned.

 The average honey bee produces only 1/2 of a teaspoon of honey in its whole life.

 China's Beijing Duck Restaurant can seat 9000 people at one time. It is 17,000 square feet.

The longest carrot ever produced was 16'10.5". Like Gordon said, how do they pull that thing out?

And the reason for the info? To add this; The size of the Iron Chef Fork Arena is the largest free standing culinary coliseum in the world.


 What are your thoughts on this;
This is my front garden pig who used to be a few inches taller when she was first new, maybe six years ago.  I purchased her  from a garden center and I was immediately delighted with her.  Every winter she has gone through harrowing losses while we are in Florida.  She no longer has any hooves.  She legs have been amputated to varying lengths.  She no longer has ears.  But she is still there to greet me every time I step out in to the front garden.  This demise should not be happening, should it?  Aren't these things made to withstand cold just like the foundation of a house?



Well, these are my new kids, who will grace my lanai, or screened in porch or somewhere between here and Florida, but in not so challenging elements.  I just don't think they make them like they used to.  Cute, aren't they?

2 comments:

Mary in Maryland said...

Seems to me that the pig is just aging like the rest of us!

Beth in TN said...

Tommy, my neighbor's outside lawn ornaments were suffering a similar fate. She painted on some kind of sealer she got from Lowe's or Home Depot to keep the concrete from being damaged as much from the weather.