Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bookish

I am a major fan of the public library. I am there at least once a week for myself. When I have guests coming for a sleepover, I like to go to the library and get books that would appeal to them. Now I am not talking novels, because they can't take them back home with them but things such as music, trivia, cookbooks, that sort of thing. Having said that, I was talking to my girlfriends about novels last weekend and I was going on and on about not being able to find a book that Mike told me was excellent, even though she nows I don't like the whole Fern Michaels, Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Lavyrle Spencer type of book. It is called 'Env'y and the author is Sandra Brown. I have repeatedly looked for it in the stacks and looked it up on the library's computer and yes they have it and no, it's not available. So, I was leaving the library with some Playaways, a couple books on CD to download for my iPod and a hardcover Laura Lippman, 'To The Power of Three' and I happened to look up as I was going through the door open and there it was,
Sandra Brown's 'Envy' in a group of books I had never noticed before.  I inquired and found out that they were old books for sale, for 75 cents each!  I looked and realized that I had read most of the top shelf!  I went out to the car to get some money and I am very happy to say that I am the proud owner of the book.  I haven't started it yet; I have all the time in the world but Laura Lippman only has two weeks of my attention!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I love to read, or I should say listen to books on tape...I download to my Ipod from our library and love, love, love it!! I don't even own a cd player anymore.
I don't care for romance novels...but love mystery, biography's...and some non-fiction. My room mate says "you always have those things in your ears"...yep, that's me!!