Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cole Slaw

This is my go to cole slaw recipe. It came from a famous place that I used to work at that I can't divulge under fear for my life. Someone asked for the recipe yesterday and so I had to get it out anyway so I decided to make it today's blog feature. I am having pulled pork on potato bread for one lunch this weekend and because I always like to top my pulled pork with slaw, I will be making it too. Cole Slaw 1 c. miracle whip salt 1/4 c. vegetable oil 1/4 c. tarragon vinegar 3/4 c. sugar whisk above together to a smooth consistency and add to 3lb. shredded cabbage. It's best if you shred it yourself, or let your food processor do it for you. Refrigerate to mellow. When I make this for my pork pile, I put lots of cilantro in it but you could add all sorts of stuff to make it your own. Freshly shredded carrots taste wonderful in it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

love good cole slaw and I always use Miracle whip for all my 'mayo' recipes...tarragon vinegar! Who knew!!! Will give it a try perhaps for this weekend...I'm still going to do the 'smores' you showed!!

Robbie said...

love good cole slaw and I always use Miracle whip for all my 'mayo' recipes...tarragon vinegar! Who knew!!! Will give it a try perhaps for this weekend...I'm still going to do the 'smores' you showed!!
hmmmm it posted my comment but asked me to 'prove I'm not a robot again'...guess it didn't believe me the 1st time..yet he still posted my comment! Robot - over and out!