Thursday, August 15, 2013

Great Balls

I just opened up blogger and realized that after I finished yesterdays blog, I never published it!  Well, here it is.  I am an idiot.

It's almost daily I try something foodie from Pinterest.  I no longer spend more than five minutes on it tho' as it's a time waster for me, especially if I don't make or do anything that I am pinning.  In fact, I don't think I have pinned much in months.  But this no fry mozzarella balls was a definite try.  You start with new baby mozzarella balls and give them a nice marinade.
They can stay this way until you nibble your way through them.  I wanted to try something more like bar food without the guilt (or much of it.  You freeze the balls.  I chose two (on two different occasions) balls so as to not waste.
 
Here they are frozen like a rock.  In fact, they are so frozen I had to tug and at the risk of breaking my little porcelain heart, let it set for a minute and then struggle the little suckers off.

They immediately go into the breading setup of first flour, then egg and then a mix of fresh parsley and panko. They look like this after breading.  They go on a rack that has been treated with cooking spray and into a pretreated 475º oven.


Well, I am here to tell you that the first time I did it and the directions said to bake 10 to 12 minutes, I looked in at nine minutes and they were flat as a pancake.  I tried it again yesterday and set the timer for 8 minutes and looked in when the timer still had on 34 seconds and they were flat as a pancake.  Someone has been pulling my leg.





I think


I will stick to cookies; they flatten on purpose.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Darn...and they looked as if they would have been good...