Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm A Cut Up

I go off on these tangents and I can't stop myself. I had two drawers that were filled to capacity with pieces of left over hand dyed fabric; less than a yard pieces. Now these drawers are 29 inches wide, 14" high and 30 inches deep. Big drawers. So I was looking to make the border solids on some random 'I Spy' for a charity quilt (to be taken to Florida with me). It was difficult to muddle through all the wrinkled twisted fabric so I spent the better part of three days separating them into sizes
and when the project was completed I went from two drawers to one that wasn't even full.
 
The pieces that I could get a five inch square or more out of went for the outside blocks of the fussy cut 'I Spy' prints.  The fabric pieces that were smaller went into the accuquilt  and were

die cut into the 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 rectangles that I use for my quilts I give to anyone that is getting married.  It was a pain in the ass to do but I am super glad it's done.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

That sure sounds like a job that you would have had me do if I had been there, after I had done such a good job seeking out all of those eyes for the cat quilt. I do really like to match things up. You've gotta admit, it kept me seated and busy. Ha