Monday, September 23, 2013

A Distraction

Regina left for the south.   Before she left yesterday, she brought over a beaded necklace
that her

 
girlfriends, who were visiting her, bought her.  They were at an art fair in St. Pete (this was some time ago) and they watched a gal knitting or crocheting beads into a necklace.  Genie thought that I would be interested in it and it's construction and she was right.  She can't remember what the artist was using but she said she was busy, even at the show, making more.
 
I am completely befuddled as to how this was constructed.  Is is knitted or crocheted and how would someone add the beads?

 
It seems to me that you would have to have a pattern of how it would turn out in order to make this lovely
 
finished product.  I know I have a lot of friends out there that both knit, crochet and do bead work.

Do you have a clue as to how this was made?  I want to find out
 
because this is a perfect item.  It fits perfectly around the neck, just below the wrinkles and wattle.  I need something to distract the eye from my neck.  I want to make this is all colors.  It could possibly be my signature, like Jackie and the pill box or Queen Elizabeth and her Corgi's.  I seem to aim high, don't I?  I have given you an idea, right?

5 comments:

Margie said...

Look on u-tube under "crocheting with beads". It's lots of fun to do.

Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene said...

Try Craftsy

http://www.craftsy.com/project/filter?name=beaded%20necklace

They have all kinds and it looks like the one you have is done by crochet.

Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene said...

It entered my comment 3 times which is why I deleted 2 of them - stupid Blogger!