Thursday, September 12, 2013

Coloring

I am going to quilt the charity 'I Spy' today.  We finally got to open up the house due to a little rain yesterday and a front that brought us temperatures back to the 70's rather than the 90's.  I get ornery with all the windows closed up.
I decided to border the backing
and I don't know that I have ever done that before.  My baby quilt mantra was supposed to be - "DON'T  MAKE A BABY QUILT LARGER THAN THE WIDTH OF THE BACKING FABRIC"  But yet, I never manage to make it work.  That means piecing the back an having icky seams and wasted fabric so bordering it seemed to be the logical alternative.  I sewed down the seam so it won't be a problem when I am quilting it.

I had just left the studio for a, geez, can you guess? a glass of wine and noticed that these
 
orchids on my window sill in the kitchen (thankfully you can tell that it is dark outside; if not, it would be embarrassing!)  match perfectly with the quilt backing colors.  Osmosis?  I think maybe.

No comments: