Monday, September 16, 2013

Friends 4 Life

I gift myself of fresh flowers every week and sometimes they become a blur of color because there are only so many ways to present them. Or so I thought. Every now and then
I get amazed by Jane (my florist) and her creativity.  She has done a very cool thing with this arrangement.  She has straw flowers along with carnations (which she seems to never use) and gladiolas and then takes reeds of green and binds them together with hemp.  Very cool.

I got an email about the second annual pet postcard project that is going to be held once again at IQF in Houston next month.  It raised more than $20,000 for the group Friends for Life that Pokey Bolton is heading up.  I bought three of the postcards last year (I think they were five bucks each) and they are literally postcard useable.  I decided to contribute this year.
This is a silk screen piece I made at a Carol Soderlund class last year at the Crow Barn.  I am so glad
I cleaned up the drawer that I put stuff in that I don't know what to do with and found this.  I washed it again and then played around with it, using

 
markers and loved the effect.  This went up on my portable design wall and I spent a lot of time looking at it.  I decided to use it for my postcards.  More on that later, as I get a little more into the project.

My sis is here with me, coming back with us after the christening and staying the weekend and then some.  We are driving together tomorrow morning, at the crack (so no morning blog) to drive to Wisconsin for a refresher class on the the Statler Stitcher on the long arm.  It's such a complicated program that you just can't retain it all in one two day class.  We will be staying overnight in Janesville, Wisconsin.


Mike finished up this quilt top that she started last time she was here.  It's adorable and features
different panels of sewing
related pics.


There was a lot of piecing involved too.  It turned out great!

1 comment:

dee said...

Your sister's quilt is fun and so well done. Love the colors.
I didn't get a chance to tell you yesterday how beautiful your family looks at Charlotte's Christening. Violet and Charlotte are just scrumptious-how could it be otherwise.