Thursday, September 05, 2013

Gettin' Ready To ReDecorate!

I started on a new project this past weekend with the aid of my sister. I don't know if you remember but my sis made a quilt top, or rather finished it here
a couple weeks ago and I fell in love with it.  I had already decided to make comforters for all the beds in Florida using Melody's pillow case technique but I didn't want a fussy detailed pattern so I thought I would use part of Mike's quilt top but couldn't get my head around the pattern instructions.  I needed guidance.

Mike figured out how many circles in each line (I wanted two) for a queen sized bed comforter and so I    decided on an orange motif and cut out all the necessary pieces and started to sew them together


I haven't done a traditional quilt following a pattern for awhile so I am like brain dead reading the necessary steps and needed hand holding the whole time.  I eventually got the drift and

 
sewed my two lines of ovals together.  The plan is to find orange fabric for the overall comforter and this strip will either go across a solid fabric or up and down, probably 2/3 rds of the way down or to the side; I will need to eyeball it to decide.

I chose orange in honor of my dear college roommate Maggie who is expecting her first grand daughter sometime in late February.   Her favorite color is orange and this will be in the room that she sleeps in when she comes to visit.

2 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

Orange is such a bold and beautiful color and so few people use it in a quilt. I love this and can't wait to see the finished product.

Linda said...

Oh I like this one very much and your idea to use it as the focal point on the comforter. Follow my favorite rule: less is sometimes more!
Linda
www.OneFootinFrance.blogspot.com