Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A New Craft

I got excited when Robbie was here (she's a beader) and then after she left because I decided to try beading.  I read up on it and asked a bunch of questions.  I went to both Joann's and Hobby Lobby but they didn't have the cylindrical seed beads I needed.  Of course, that's just how it is with me just wanting to start something, THAT MINUTE!!!

I ended up ordering beads from artbeads.com.  Gordon informed me yesterday that they came so I was looking forward to trying my hand at peyote beading.

I got the needles and thread from Joann's and a couple other things that I don't need yet at this juncture.

With Robbie's help I managed, after a couple hours, to do half a ring.  I made this one ten beads tall but I think it could actually be a little higher, maybe fourteen beads high.

Once you get going, it goes very fast.  You may need your readers on tho'.  I managed to do it during Blacklist, so that's definitely a feather in my cap!

2 comments:

SpikeMuffin said...

Can you make me a leash to hold my glasses with those beads?

Robbie said...

You are a quick study! Cool! And yes you can make a leash for Spike Muffin! :)