Friday, October 11, 2013

Flora

My hip feels so good that I am so used to limping that I have to pay attention and not limp because I know  now it isn't necessary.   Old habits die hard.   I went from 5% to 100% in a 36 hour span.  I  love a good success story.

Now, let's get on to flora.   The gift that keeps on giving is my gift to myself and that is a weekly delivery of flowers.  I put out my vases in a plastic bin mid week and on Friday (yeah!!!!! today's Friday!!!)  and Jane (my florist) delivers them to me on Friday, come hell or high water.  I find it amazing that she can do several weddings a week and still never miss a step with me.  Check out last weeks specialties.


Somehow she has fall in her head when she does these designs but

 
it is always in good taste.  You have to look twice to see the six blood red roses in the center of this design.  I love, love, love, Japanese lanterns too.
 

Is there one part of this design that isn't the best ever?  I can't stop looking at it.  I think that it has kale in it.  Could I repurpose it in a dinner later in the week?

Sometimes I get sick of sunflowers.  They are so in your face; but when they are paired with these

little bitty pumpkins, they look diving.  These are real.  I thought for sure they were fake.  Who knew?

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Your florist is fantastic! Very unique designs!

Gayle from MI said...

That's the best use of kale I've ever seen!