Monday, October 14, 2013

Loser Project

I have spent more time than I can admit to on a comforter that I may or may not use in the future.
I think that age has chipped away from my brain cells to the point that I have to step back and say 'what the hell were you thinking?'  I have already had to special order the fabric, and it is so monstrously large that I have difficulty carrying it from place to place (dining room floor to pin together to studio, a few feet away).  It cost more than any comforter in any store and I have a migraine to boot.  What was I thinking?


But, a weekend later, with my sister helping with the moral support, it is done.  Now, what do I do with it?  It's 89" wide and 94" high.  It is hand tacked and this is gonna make me certifiable but

I'm doing it again.  I already started another one.  I have on my brain that I want to have all the bed linens in my house in Florida hand made.  All the stuff you can buy is that Tommy Bahama or Hemingway looking heavy stuff and I am so done with that.

 But working big is not my friend.  I need a nap.

1 comment:

Miracles said...

I've thought the same thing...."What is Tommy thinking?" Thank you for the beautiful arrangement.