Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mini's

I have been trying to make an appetizer a day.


If possible, I like to sit on my rump and watch tv while doing the assembly so I save some jobs for evenings.  These are the mini buns I make out of the frozen pack of Rhodes bread dough (three loaves to a pack and it makes exactly 10 dozen rolls).  I mix ketchup and yellow mustard together for the 'glue', precut cheddar and or swiss (whatever I want to use up) and little sirloin burgers I made ahead of time.

After assembly, I freeze on a tray and when solidly frozen, I bag.  The sirloin is cooked to just rare because when they are reheated, they cook some more, and I hate well done meat.


 These are to freeze (it's what I do) for friends and family to take home with them and also for my friends to eat when visiting Casa Fitzsimmons.
 
When I make my little pizzas (about a two inch rounds) that consist of a light covering (I use my finger pad) of olive oil and top it with a couple slivers of roma tomatoes, an olive slice and fresh mozzarella.  I bake for about five minutes, at 350ยบ, just until every thing is set and then I freeze.


This way, when I put back in the oven, they are not getting over done.  I have the oven much hotter for the thaw, and that way, they are crisp.

Hungry?

3 comments:

SpikeMuffin said...

Chez Fitzsimmons.

Robbie said...

Hungry! My stomach is growling already!!!!

Robbie said...

Hungry! My stomach is growling already!!!!