Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Four Arrant Rows

It was less than two weeks ago when I attached the two sides to the longest ever hand project, an apple core hand job.  I had it mostly done for a few years and then put it away and for some reason
I decided to finish a bunch of 'projects' and this was the biggest so I tackled it first.

The drive to and from Door County completed what I thought was the largest half.  I got home and
sewed the two parts together, complete with the surrounding outside border.  Then, last Friday when, with my new 'swiffer', I was 'swiffering' the studio and what did I come across and found in a corner but a strip or four more apple cores with the bottom and top affixed, that I neglected to include into the quilt top.  I was shocked.  Did I forget to count?  Apparently so.  So,

I hemmmmmmed and hawwdddddded and admitted to my internet pals of my slight oversight and the very evening of their departure I undid all that hand sewing and started to add on in the middle, the lost four.

Last night, after finishing catching up with this seasons of 'The Good Wife', I managed to get one side connected.  Tonight I will start the bulky process of adding the other side of the four rows with the other end of the quilt.

I can't tell you how glad I am that I took the time to do this.  I couldn't get rid of the strip and therefore, it would be bothering me for the rest of my life.  I did the grown up thing.


Gayle from MI said...

Shoot! I'm Catholic and I can't imagine enough guilt to make me take that whole thing apart like that! Whew!

Robbie said...

I'm a Catholic gal with that same guilt!