Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Back In The Saddle

I am always surprised at what happens when you leave a house for any length of time. Let's not even have house sitters and house watchers in the equation. There is always major problems to contend with. Comcast is a constant battle so I won't even go into that. I spend at least two weeks a year at their mercy.

This past season was extremely hot and rainy.  The hot made the air conditioners work overtime.  That made the condensers work overtime and somewhere along the

 
workings, a clog happened which made the overflow pan literally overflow and now we need to replace the ceiling of one of our garages.  Oh, down here in Florida they put all that stuff in a crawl space on the top of the garage.

We had the house and roof power washed and maybe that was done a little heavy handed because now we have water marks on our ceiling in the house.  Our roof was redone after hurricane Charley and I am guessing that that was a little too current for us to have a faulty roof.

And I want to move.  I want something smaller.  We bought the house big thinking it would be a home away from family and friends and it was in the beginning but not so much anymore.  I don't need five bathrooms.  Two would be just fine.  Boating and fishing was gonna be a lifestyle but that doesn't seem to be fitting into our day to day life.  The pool?  I can't remember the last time someone was in it.  And, although our yard is a landscapers dream, we don't appreciate it.

I am gonna get together with an architect and tell them what I want and go from there.  I am thinking three bedrooms, two of which are for guests with a shared bath and closet.  If need be, blow up beds work just fine. The master bedroom will be just another bedroom, no sitting room needed, but of course with it's own bath.  I don't want a living room or dining room.  I want a great room with a SIX BURNER stove in the kitchen end of it.  I want a smaller studio and an even smaller man cave (after all, it's a recliner and a wide screen tv, right?).  I would like the yard completely caged and small,  I don't need to be on the water.  I can turn on the faucet if I need the effect.  It will be fun to downsize.

I brought my 12" quilts that we (my internet  friend exchange) traded in the spring.

I couldn't wait to put them up on my design wall.  I love each and every one of them.

I gotta get cracking; the realtors are coming at ten.

3 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Wow! Huge decision but so fun to plan. I hope you show photos of the old and new! I always thought your current studio looked like a dream size. It'll be fun to hear about the process of selling and finding something new!

maggie z. said...

oh well, glad you guys are back down..yup, downsizing is a good thing, i can't wait to see where you'll end up!

Miracles said...

I always got lost going to and coming from the bathroom. I hope the next house will still be on BG.