Sunday, November 10, 2013

Musings

I ordered duck for dinner last night and you know, I am a duck lover but I hate having to separate the fat from the meat.  I am not ordering it again.  I don't think I have ever gotten duck when it wasn't in a burrito or a quesadilla, that it wasn't covered in fat.  Why can't they remove it before they send it tableside?  I just don't get that.

My second move into pilates yesterday was much more favorable than the first.  I ate some chex cereal before I went and that made all the difference in the world.  And I gotta say, the first day was so different than anything I have ever done, and so the second time is more recognizable.  I do it again tomorrow.  Yeah, glutton for punishment.

On Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives yesterday I learned that cabbage boils much better if you freeze the head a day before you boil it (to use in making stuffed cabbage rolls).  I thought you would want to know.


The white sea gulls are back in the inter-coastal water behind our house again.  They were gone for quite awhile and I missed seeing them.  There are a few stragglers in the lake in front of our house, and because all the others move in a pack, they must be the loners.

Until my new order of beads are delivered. I am taking a hiatus on ring making.  I still have tons of these colors so I can now see where a little bunch of beads go a long way.  The two rings in the center, the black and red, were made specifically for the 'fun and glamorous' get together we will be attending.
tonight.  I just need some feathers and my outfit will be complete!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

You go girl!!! Love the rings!!! They are addictive but so easy to make!! Can't wait to see what other colors you ordered!

Robbie said...

Just trying to catch up...for some reason your post on the 'blog books' isn't there! i can see it in my blog list and read some of the intro...but when I go to your blog it says page not available...hmmmmm Hope you enjoyed your books!!!! Aren't they nice!