Saturday, December 07, 2013

Spicy

This is a recipe that I hope each and every one of you will make this weekend and tell me what you think.  I received it yesterday after dinner from my SIL and she has a pretty good palate.  Let's call it
for lack of a name, 'You Are A Crock'.  



6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
2 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
1 med onion thinly sliced…not chopped
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp each…dried oregano, basil and rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
Pepper and salt

Pour the olive oil on bottom of crock pot. Add chicken. Salt and pepper the chicken. Put the sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all of the dried herbs and garlic. Pour in vinegar. Add the tomatoes on top.

Cook on high for 4 hours or low for about six.

Serve on top of angel hair pasta. (I used angel hair whole wheat)

I was just starting our dinner when I received Claudia's email and recipe so I thought I would post a picture of my fajita meat and veg that was on the stove.  And, yes I used my own fajita seasoning that is on Tommy Cooks.  I only have to make it a couple times a year.  It's such a time and money saver.  You gotta start to make your own fajita/enchilada/taco seasoning mixes.  You will be happy you did it.  And gift giving?  It pretty much makes you famous.

2 comments:

maggie z. said...

i am making this as i write, only with fresh tomatoes and herbs. i was gifted a small lime green crock pot- i've never had/used one so this is an experiment! thanks..sounds so good!

maggie z. said...

must say...pretty damn good! considering i had to tweek by adding 1 sm. can tomato sauce with fresh grape tomatoes and all fresh herbs,i used chicken tenderloins... absolutely loved the balsamic reduction...served it on penne..and it cooked faster than 4 hrs...no more than 3, i'll be doing this again! i'm gonna need a bigger crock!