Monday, January 20, 2014

A Piece Of Me

First, and for most, Happy Martin Luther KIng Day.  I still don't know how I am going to spend it!

I have been all over the place in my leisure activities.   I have been crocheting the kitchen scrubbers that are made out of netting.  I have started two different sweaters for a new Charlotte that is due to be born on my sister Mike's birthday, in February.

I have the first black and white quilt up on the design wall and haven't done the borders yet.  In all honesty, I wanted to finish piecing the other two quilt tops before I


changed from white to black thread in the machine.  How odd is that?  I am justifying it by saying that the first inner border I cut for the yellow block black and white was black and I couldn't sew it on with white thread


so my logic went to piecing the other 84 blocks.  Now it's time to sew them together.  It's a much more labor intensive job than just piecing.  I have to work up the ambition to go on.  Just kidding!

No comments: