Saturday, January 04, 2014

Getting Out The Cutting Board

I have been putzing around trying to figure out how to proceed with my fish quilt; whether I should quilt it first before putting on eyes, etc. and just can't cut the cord and start.  So, I decided to stare at it a bit.  After all I have only been back five whole days.  Sometimes I have to give myself a little pep talk to just settle down!

In the mean time I walked around the studio and decided on making a lap quilt using fabric I have had in a plastic bin forever.  Anne, my friend, gave me a pattern that she has made that she said would be perfect
 
for black and white quilts.  So I gathered my cutting supplies and went to work.  I have this work ethic that says to my brain, - if you go to all the trouble of reading the directions and getting all the components to make a quilt, why not cut in multiples and share the love?- so that is just what I have done.  I have cut out the blocks for three quilts, with each quilt needing 42 blocks before borders and binding.

I guess you know what I will be doing today!!!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Ah gee,,,,you don't have to make me a quilt! He he ...I always quilt my entire quilt before I fuse anything down...I don't like coming right up to the edge on fused work...fish quilt will be great however you'start'!