Friday, January 03, 2014

Messin' Around



My newest toy that's been fun to get to know and figure out is the Fitbit.  My friend Kathy has one and she loves it.  It counts going up stairs, steps you take while just doing your daily stuff or exercising, and lots of other stuff, including sleep activity, which I haven't gotten the hang of yet.  You can monitor it on any of your smart electronics or computer and it syncs automatically.  It graphs your movements to show comparison.  It's very good incentive, although until I have my hip surgery (have a set up appointment next week) I am limited to what I can do.  For the time being, no pilates for this gal.  I am jealous of everyone who get to go.

I saw these thought jars on line and decided to make some because I was getting together with girlfriends yesterday afternoon.


They are just empty quart mason jars that I tied a ribbon around the lid and attached a little envelope with a ton of 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch pieces of paper.


You just follow the directions.  I thought it would be a fun thing to do.

Trying to decide what stays in Bella's toy box is getting easier and easier as the toys get older and more abused.  These two are completely gutted and filthy and so today, while Belly is napping, they are going to get the old heave ho.  She is starting to have more STUFF than I do!

1 comment:

Corky said...

I've had a Fitbit one for the past few months. I like having it, but I think it's not as accurate as it should be. Wednesday I went to the gym and did approx. 12 miles on the treadmill. Fitbit said I went about 15 miles. It might be that I need to do a better calibration.