Thursday, January 02, 2014

Savory Cake

We had a bit of a New Year celebration last night; it was impromptu. It actually wasn't for the New Year at all. It just so happened to land two days after I saw the recipe for Garlic Onion Tortilla Cake on Diners, Drive ins and Dives.

It needs to be made ahead of time to meld together so I made it on New Years Eve and refrigerated it for 24 hours.

 
When I just now went to link the recipe I noticed that the recipe I made called for roasted garlic from a jar but there were identical recipes that called for roasting your own heads of garlic.  Go with the jar; so much easier and who cares?

The recipe calls for 12 layers but when I bought my pack of flour tortillas, there were only 10 so my stack making up my tortilla cake is two shy of the count.  It didn't matter at all.  After it is set up you cut it in wedges and throw them on a stove top grill pan to get the grill marks.  It is quite yummy.  Make it today and eat it tomorrow!

2 comments:

Irene said...

That sounds and looks yummy but 2/3 cup oil? Does that not seem like an awful lot?

Robbie said...

Well, I was disappointed 'causin I thought it was a cake, cake!! But this does look good...might be nice for my ladies luncheon next month....along with real cake of course!