Thursday, January 16, 2014

Up And About

As the old saying goes, 'If Mom ain't happy, ain't nobody happy'. I can pretty much vouch for that. I am starting to feel more like myself finally. I have had a cold since the second week in December and the my skin around my nose is raw. Then the 'flu' hit me on Sunday afternoon. Last night was the first time I was even remotely interested in eating anything. I received the flu shot in December for the first time in my life. I also had the shingles shot and the pneumonia shot. I was instructed to have these immunizations due to being on enbrel and I do what I am told. Maybe I should rethink that in the future. Ha ha. I am a good patient (when I want to be).


I have done nothing for days. I still haven't watched Golden Globes but have it taped.
 
The last picture on my camera is of this baby sweater for my yet to be born nephew.  It is sized 6 to 9 months.  It's kinda like a letter sweater and it's actually supposed to have a letter on it but the baby doesn't have a name yet so it's gonna remain plain.  That way it can be passed on anyway.  After I wrote that last sentence I thought, what 6 month old gives a hoot about what letter is on his chest?
It must be the meds!  Maybe I can finish this up this weekend and start a new knitting project.

2 comments:

Arleen said...

Hope you feel better soon. I don't get the flu shot and have never had the flu. Due to my awful insurance I had to pay $200 for the shingles vacine so I passed on that. Last November guess who caught shingles? Still have the residual pain.
Two groups of people who are lucky to have you in their lives, your friends and babies ...cute sweater.

A.

Robbie said...

Geez...I am almost afraid to say it...I get the flu shot every year & haven't had the flu since 1999...dang..I bet I just jinxed myself...hope you are better!!!