Friday, January 24, 2014

Where Is She?

Yet another reason why being in the northern states in the winter is not a good idea.
This pile up is exactly where we get off of I-94 to go home, and so about six miles from our house.  There were more than a dozen semi trailer trucks involved in this pile up yesterday.  The highway was closed for hours.  Dozens injured and three fatalities.   Not good; not good at all.

I woke up with a sore throat this morning and I leave in a couple hours for my pre testing for the hip replacement.  I wonder if the throat thingy is gonna show bacteria or something to put this procedure on hold.  My luck hasn't been the greatest lately.  Having a cold for more than two months with the swine flu in the middle just to spice things up, isn't my normal way of doing things.  I want the old me back!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Good Luck today, Tommy.

Irene said...

Hope this won't delay your surgery. I sure can relate to your statement 'I want the old me back'. Last year I spent 87 days in hospital with one complication after another and I'm still waiting for the old me to come back. This getting old shit sure stinks!

Good luck.

maggie z. said...

tommy, i'll be thinking of you...you were missed at the shower in greenwich..but it was SO cold...i got the last flight out(after long delays) and then they closed the airport!we will go in summer!! best of luck with the hip...

Robbie said...

I thought the accident was very close to your home! So frightening!!! And sad for those killed & injured!!

Hope all works out well testing! Get that hip fixed!!! How far from Ocala RU?