Monday, April 07, 2014

Keeping Busy

I got fabric and patterns for some dresses (which is pretty much all I wear in good weather) and immediately made one back in January, before the hip and all.  It was too long and on the hanger forever and I decided to wear it anyway


and if it felt too odd, I would either give it to Goodwill or shorten it.  I ended up doing neither.  My belt drawer just happened to be open when I was walking by and I saw a black and white bead belt and thought to myself, 'that would work' and slipped it on and was happy as a clam.  I went into the man cave and had G take a picture of it.  I managed to uncover some of the other regular fabric and a couple patterns so I will busy myself with that if I find I am looking for stuff to do.

Right now I am making pillow shams and bed skirts and stuff like that.  Just washing and drying new towels takes all day.  I usually wash and dry them four times before they can go into the regular wash,  but I still have some wine colored towels from years ago here that still make water turn reddish when soaked.  I found that out when trying to use one to wash Bella's face.  She ended up with a pink tint!

Because the studio and 99% of its contents are off limits, and mostly because I labeled the boxes, 'STUDIO' rather than battery charger for the vacuum or de walt electric drill/screw driver, things that would come in mighty handy if I didn't have to open 80 boxes to find them, I am relatively screwed for now.   The floor was to have been already started and it's not so we leave in two weeks and therefore I decided to screw it and not have all those workers under foot while I am still here.  I have enough to keep me busy.  Plus, it's Florida.  Who knows when they will show.

I saw a commercial for Sparkle paper towels and was very impressed with the comical commercial about us not needing a paper towel that can hold a bowling ball or some such thing, and was determined to get some.

Yesterday was the day I finally saw it in the store and purchased it.  I haven't opened them yet but I have been a Bounty gal for a long time and then thought, why?  All I use them for are little messes, nothing big so why waste the money throwing paper in the trash that could have covered my roses in a frost?  Time will tell.  Anyway, I love the commercial and the 'fairy gal' that does them.  Kathy, my BFF who happens to be on her way to Paris, swears by them.

2 comments:

Synthia said...

LOVE your darling new dress!! Good save.

Robbie said...

Well, aren't you the cutie in your new dress!!! Adorable!