Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Nature Made

I think I mentioned the turtles that we have in the back yard. They are really something.
There are two birds (crows?) that are constantly harassing one turtle.  My picture taking timing is way off.  I seem to find the camera when the pecking is over and one bird has lost interest and flown off.

The turtle ( I guess I should name him) keeps kicking up his right rear leg and making dust (sand? dirt?) fly.  The turtle and birds make a lot more noise than the jumping mullets, white pelicans or dolphins I had in my last back yard.  It just doesn't make sense.

I was closing windows due to rain starting yesterday when I saw a tree frog that was as big as my fist.  It was sitting on an alarm clock in an open window and scared the stuffing out of me.  Needless to say, I had to get G to remove the thing.  I was not gonna get warts!!!! I have enough on my plate.  I suggested gloves but G would have none of that.  I am gonna watch him very closely.  It feels like a zoo here.

1 comment:

Mechelle said...

Bet that was a cuban tree frog, they make a mess, are invasive and eat the cute tiny native green tree frogs - tell G to put him out of his misery!