Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Forger

I was just opening Scrabble, which I do A LOT and watched a guy, David Has show how to cut multiple cherry tomatoes at once on a YouTube that Kay put on Facebook. I would tag it here but I don't know how so I will just explain. Place a salad plate down on the counter and fill with the tomatoes. Place another salad plate on tom and take a chef's knife and cut through the opening between the two plates. You have completely cut in half tomatoes. Thanks Kay!


Also, do you sometimes have a nagging question that won't let up and you can't find an answer to? I have had one for most of a week and am now reaching out to the smartest people in the universe to help me clear the question up. Here goes: There used to be a store in major malls that specialized in inexpensive dark wood pieces of bric a brac and small tables and hutches, etc, along with other home accessories and I believe it had some sort of Oriental in it's name. It had at least two words in its title. It's probably been gone for 20 years but it was my go to store for cute things for the house. Any ideas?

I was in a bedroom a couple days ago, doing something that I have done in the past but have never gotten caught when G walked in on me and shockingly said, 'What in the hell are you doing? Have you lost your mind?'
I thought for a minute and was surprised that in all our forty some years he didn't know that I have always improvised when something didn't live up to what I ended up wanting.  I bought this comforter for a queen sized bed and decided it needed a splash of color (especially because I wanted to have turquoise towels in the adjoining bath!)  I just got out my paint and painted parts.


As you can see from this ridiculous photo, I have done four flower centers so far.  It is slow going and I don't relish doing it so I only do one a day.  Now you know yet another secret of mine!  Yeah, and I do it on quilts too!

7 comments:

sistersoftheart said...

So love that you are painting parts of your comforter - brilliant!!! Men don't get the "decorating" we have to do sometimes. The store you are trying to remember - was it Bombay? I so miss them. They had wonderful unique stuff that didn't cost the earth.

Mike said...

The store was called "Bombay" something.

Susan Turney said...

I have a cute black and white jacket I got at the Chico's outlet and just the other day I was thinking I should use my fabric paints to add a touch of color here and there! After seeing your post, I'm going to do it! :)

Urs said...

http://www.bombaycompany.com/furniture-store/bedroom-accent-furniture

Mechelle said...

Yes, Bombay has been gone for years have you been to this place in Naples? http://westindieshome.com/

Irene said...

My twin. Long time ago I had a wool rug. Mostly off white with flower boarder. It was in really good shape but the flowers had faded. I got fabric paint and repainted all the flowers. Good for another 20 years!

Robbie said...

Only you!!!