Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fishing For Compliments

I have been without internet service for most parts of two days and even when I got service yesterday, early evening, I woke up this morning to no email service. It's probably the weather. It is blistery and cold (not yet 40°). I am so mad at myself for doing all the planting already because I am sure they are done for. And to think it was in the 80°'s on Sunday. What a difference a few days make.
I finally got the quilting done on the fish quilt.  Because I start in the center, removing pins as I go, there are more than a few thread changes.  It got to be pretty tedious, with all the colors I put in this quilt.


Now is the ultra tedious task of outlining each fish with #5 perle cotton.  I want it to be like filling in the  parts of a coloring book.  The eyes, mouth and a fin now and then will also be highlighted by the cotton.  I got this idea from Leslie Hall in a cat quilt I saw in Houston the last time I went (I believe that was in 2012).

Speaking of fish, here's my better half in the bowels of Minnesota with my brothers and his brother, in freezing temps, at the opening gong of walleye season.  I don't think this is a walleye but it's a big fish anyway.  Something's fishy!!!!

I was just looking at a SAQA e Bulletin, which I occasionally scan and what did I see but this

Congratulations to the following artists whose trunk show pieces have been chosen to become part of the permanent collection of the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky.  Jurors for the selections were Trudi Van Dyke and B.J. Adams.

Selected artists:


Barbara Adams
Frieda L. Anderson
Pauline Barrett
Maggi Birchenough
Pat Bishop
Vicki Bohnhoff
Tafi Brown
Peggy Brown
Jette Clover
Maureen Cole
Vicki Conley
Daniela Dancelli
Patricia Dunbar
Pat Durbin
Tommy Fitzsimmons
Carole Frocillo
Sheila Gaquin
Bethany Garner
Cindy Grisdela
Desiree Habicht
Judith Harrison
Cindy Kuo
Cat Larrea
Tracey Lawko
Katharina Litchman
Toni Major
Sue Matyszak
Lorie McCown
Carolynn McMillan
Ginny McVickar
Denise Oyama Miller
Jan Moser
Dominie Nash
Linda Nelson-Johnson
Patricia Pease
Judy Peterson
Helena Scheffer
Lin Schiffner
Barbara Schneider
Joan Schulze
Sara Sharp
Sarah Ann Smith
Jeanne Sredl
Randy Temple
Sherrie Tootle
Laura Wasilowski
Jean Wells Keenan
Ruth A. White
Eileen Williams
Jenny Williams

I have no idea what quilt was considered for this.  I need to be a tiny bit more aware of what the hell I am doing.  Is that even possible?

5 comments:

linda sperling said...

Congratulations on your trunk show piece...whatever piece that may be!
xxx

Unknown said...

Wow!!!

Gayle from MI said...

Oh my! Well at least you weren't on pins and needles waiting to see if your piece made it. Hope you didn't sell it already :)

kathyf said...

congratualtions. When you figure out which the heck piece it was, please post a picture.

Beth in TN said...

It was the "Little People" piece.