Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Thanks For May 5th!

Cinco de Mayo did not pass me by. It's only a couple times a year that I can bring out my little Mexican bowls I bought on the beach in Cabo a few years ago. Heaven forbid I don't use something I bought (LOL!)
I put all the perquisite accompaniments in their own little bowls - salsa, sour cream, green onions, diced roams, thin sliced radishes, a mango, jalapeno, red onion and lime salsa, cabbage and a cheese sauce were the sides besides sriracha.

I marinated a flaky white fish with cilantro, jalapeno, olive oil, lime juice and zest, and s & p.

Then G did his grill magic with the fish.  It was perfect.  (I don't grill; EVER).


I love the new taco shells.  The corn ones have flat bottoms that can stand up on their own and also you can get more into them.  The new stand alone flour 'boats'  are a century in coming.  They are magnificent and hold so much without a mess.  I always sprinkle the flour tortillas with cumin and the 'boats' are no exception.

I
This is just one of my ready to eat tacos in honor of Cinco de Mayo.

I am always the school of over due so we decided to do the taco thing again last night, using shrimp I brought from Florida (right off the shrimp boat) to use up some more of the toppings.  I got enough for tonight too.  I wonder if I can get away with three days of dinner out of one hour of prep.  What do ya think?

1 comment:

Robbie said...

It all looks so good!!!!