Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Kickin' Corn and Crab Chowder

I spent a lot of yesterday going to the store (three times!) to make Kickin' Corn and Crab Chowder.
I decided to use 2% evaporated canned milk instead of whole milk to lighten it up a bit but after opening my fifth can I realized that something was wrong.I checked the expiration dates and saw that half the cans were dated best if used by and had a January of this year date on it.  I took them back to the store and got ones that were not as lumpy and were newer.



Lots of prep  (cutting up but then in hind sight I should have used the food processor) in the recipe but the outcome is well worth it.

2 comments:

Mechelle said...

mmmm looks great - gonna share the recipe??

Robbie said...

It does look good...but being a camping 'gal' with our horses...we cheated and just made a white sauce, added can of cream corn,mile, canned carrots and potatoes...then 1/4 container of Velvetta cheese melted in! Over a fire outside nothing was better!!! Heck, I even make this at home in the fall but do use 'real' carrots and potatoes...and some bacon bits...will look for your recipe!