Friday, June 20, 2014

Pie Eyed

One of the two homework assignments I gave myself out of this months Food Network Magazine was Lattice Pie by Nancy Fuller.

Believe it or not, I have never cooked or baked with rhubarb before.  I am making strawberry rhubarb lattice pie.  I first make the crust, cut it in half and refrigerate it for a couple hours.  I then roll it

out in a quasi looking circle of about 12 inches.  I roll it around my rolling pin and then set it


carefully on my pie tin, pressing in gently.

I add the filling and roll out the other half of the dough so I can cut it

in one inch strips.  I add these to the top of the pie

 
in a basket weave form, top it with milk and sugar and pop it in the oven


only to have this lovely pie to emerge.  It's a hit!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

You are one amazing woman. My homework assignments to myself would be to open up salsa and chips and eat them. Then maybe take a nap.
Assignments done!!!!

Robbie said...

Love Claudia's comment!! Ditto! HA....I was going to make your blueberry cake this weekend but plans have changed...so, it's angel food cake and strawberries for hubby and I. Cake will have to wait...dang!