Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Recipe Perfection

I realize that sometimes it's a while before I post in the morning. It's that stinking exercising that gets in the way. We seem to gravitate to the workout room in the a.m. That and the fact that after arriving north from Florida with an hour time change throws us for a loop.
Especially Bella.  She likes to take a siesta on the dining room table.  Thankfully we only use it for Christmas day and to hold purses, electronic devices and stuff like that when visitors come.

I have spent part of the last five days organizing my internet recipes.  I accumulate these from watching tv shows, looking up particular ingredients to get the perfect recipe or I am nudged to look at a recipe and of course I have to print it out.

 The notebooks I store them in were so crammed that I couldn't fit anymore in so I started shoving them into the little cover flap.  It came to the point that I had to get organized  and either reprint 99% of the paper or go and get those page protectors.  This is an example of what my messy kitchen duties do to a recipe.

Bella and I hit the road and went to Office Max for supplies.

 
I got three new binders to replace the dingy two that I had before.  I bought a box of protectors (200 economy) and started the organization.  The recipe either got tossed (didn't like or didn't care enough to try) or covered in plastic or reprinted and covered in plastic.

The economy pack is much thinner but the idea of covering the recipe had nothing to do with weight.  I was shocked to get three quarters through the project and find that I ran out of protectors!

 
I split the binder of things I have made and will make again into two lovely pastel binders (lovely for right now, at least) and the other binder is of things I will likely make in the future but not as yet.  I really weeded through this group.  There was stuff in there that I now would never make.

Every time I get the Food Network Magazine I make a conscious effort to find something that I will make and try.  Last month it was Pad Thai.  It was fine but it had to have both sriracha and soy added to it, and if you ask me, if that is needed to make the dish palatable, it's not good enough.  This month I am going to try Nancy Fuller's (Farmhouse Rules) Strawberry pie and tempura green beans.  I am sure you will get to see the outcome of these recipes soon, very soon.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

You are my idol!!! I did something similar back in '99 when I retired but haven't done any more since!!! A task I don't want to tackle right now...you're still my idol!

Robbie said...

You are my idol!!! I did something similar back in '99 when I retired but haven't done any more since!!! A task I don't want to tackle right now...you're still my idol!