Thursday, June 05, 2014

Yum

I have my now twice yearly (I have been a good girl and been skin cancer free for more than three years) rather than the every three months appointment to see my dermatologist today. It's a day long event and something that I don't look forward to. I have to be under a very strong light with a 40ish male  doctor looking at my entire body (with a nurse present, which I guess is the law) and this skin hasn't been moisturized or anything other than being clean for 24 hours. The bad stuff shows up better with parchment dry skin, I guess. The best thing about going is that I don't have to go back until December! I have a fifty fifty chance of having a biopsy. That is pretty par for the course.


I used my darling daughters marinade (actually she found it on Epicurious a while back) for flank steak
last night.  It is by far the best marinade I have ever had.  You can use it for anything.  Here it is.

Marinade
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. olive oil
4 1/2 T. honey
6 large garlic cloves, minced
3 T. chopped fresh rosemary
1 1/2 T. ground black pepper
1 1/2 t. salt
Mix.  Bag with meat. Refrigerate.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Here's hoping good results!!! I'm copying your marinade recipe...we don't each much meat but every so often.....I'm sure I could use it on chicken too!!! Hmmmmmmm

vivian said...

You are braver than me! My dermatologist is a 30 year old woman! I used to be self conscious even with her but after I turned 50 I became less modest!
Hope your results are good!