Friday, July 18, 2014

Last Nights Dinner

I got my Kitchen Bouquet and I can't believe how it colors the gravy perfectly


I probably had two cups of gravy and added less than a teaspoon and it turned out unbelievably beautifully.


I also made scalloped potatoes, using up five dinky little potatoes left over from some meal.  I took this picture half way through the baking process (when I was to take off the lid) because the camera was making a battery failing noise.  They were just like mom used to make them.  I don't know why we don't make these old favorites any more.

I actually wanted to thin slice the potatoes with a new

mandoline my sis gifted me.  She saw me using my Cuisinart 25 year old one and threw it in the garbage, all the while going on line to get me this plastic one.  It worked perfectly after I spent some

time trying to fit all the components together so I didn't cut myself.  I have it mastered now and I love that it is white so you can see every place where it gets dirty.  I am in love.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I still slice my fingers from time to time on my mandolin...hate when that happens!!