Sunday, July 27, 2014

Last Nights Dinner

 I have this notebook that is reserved for recipes that catch my eye, in magazines or on tv or the internet .  Maggie and Evan were the perfect patsy to serve these questionable dishes.  I look back at them and wonder why I thought they were worthy of sleeving and adding them to my notebook.  There must have been something so that's why the whole dinner last night was out of it.



First up was the frozen lettuce salad, courtesy of Masaharu Morimoto.  It was just okay.  The coldness of the lettuce (and chilled bowls)
_
sort of made my teeth hurt.  The dressing was fabulous but included such things as boiled garlic, anchovy paste, miso and other things that aren't always on your pantry list.  I am 86ing it from the 'Not Made Yet' book to the recipe book.


The biggest hit of the night was the cauliflower and caramelized onion tart.  OMG!  I will post it in a day or two to Tommy Cooks.  I still have company or I would do it now.

The stuffed chicken marsala had a great taste but they were massive and G was hard pressed to finish one.  I think that splitting the breasts  and making two out of one breast would work much better.  It went together very easily and was great, if not too large, presentation.
 
The drippings, along with mushrooms, wine, stock and a slurry, made for great mushroom gravy.
   
The most disappointing was the peach cobbler I got from last weeks "The Kitchen" and was Katie Lee's grandmothers recipe.  It sucked.

Not even french vanilla ice cream and whipped cream (we couldn't decide on what one to use so we chose both) could bring it up to sub par ratings.  It's getting tossed.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Stuffed Chicken Marsala? Whose recipe was this? Looked so good and the gravy made my mouth water!