Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sweet Stuff

My goal today is to finish up 'Gone Girl'. I am dying to see how it turns out. I had lunch with my girlfriend of 30+ years, Martha, yesterday and it was wonderful to catch up on what her kids are up to and all. I thought I would share something that was so simple to make, easier than hopping in the car and running to the grocery store that is less than two miles away. I was serving the last of the spring rolls I made a month or so ago and realized that I was out of sweet and sour sauce. So I went online and got the recipe on allrecipes and in less than five minutes, with ingredients that we all have in our pantry, I made this sweet and sour sauce. Here goes (and I will put it on Tommy Cooks too).


Sweet and Sour Sauce

3/4 c. sugar (I used Splenda)
1/3 c. white vinegar
2/3 c. water
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 T. ketchup
2 T. cornstarch

Place ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
 Stir continuously until the mixture thickens.

4 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Please post what you think of the ending of "Gone Girl"!

Gayle from MI said...

I loved this book but hated the ending. I listened to it though and didn't read it. Sometimes that makes a difference for me.

Irene Puzinas said...

I'd love to know what you thought about this book. I loved it at the beginning and hated it at the end - just totally unbelievable!

Robbie said...

I'm probably the only person who didn't like the book!! So I didn't like he beginning or the end!! Thanks for sweet & sour recipe!!