Monday, August 04, 2014

Glorious Food

After the grand babies went home yesterday, I decided to catch up on my many many periodicals. It took awhile but the last one was this months Food Network Magazine. I spend a lot of time with it, as you can easily miss something. It's not like People magazine where half the time I don't even know who I am reading about. Food is much more near and dear to my heart.


As you know, every month I try to find two recipes out of the magazine that I want to try before the next month's issue is released. This week was no excepting. I chose
this Tomato and Corn Custard Pie.  They had me at 'hello' when I saw the picture.  I am gonna make this for my almost vegetarian sister this weekend when she comes to visit.
 
This Peach Bourbon Upside Down Cake witll have to wait until the Michigan peaches are at their ripest.  I'm thinking Labor Day weekend when we will have another house full.  It makes me a tad giddy.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Not to be a nag, but I am still waiting for the cauliflower and carmelized onion tart recipe. I've been watching and don't think I missed it.....did I?

Claudia said...

I can be a vegetarian, yes I can. I'm getting that magazine after the 2 of you taste test it.