Tuesday, August 05, 2014

It's All About The Food

I just realized I posted this on Tommy Cooks.  By the way, I posted the recipe for Cauliflower and Caramelized Onion Tart yesterday.

We have harvested our first crop of tomatoes. We had them in shrimp and angel hair pesto and we had BLT's. They are pesticide free so they don't always look as beautiful as they do in the store but that's okay. We planted heirloom last year and because of their wrinkling they were a waste of space. You got very little tomato after they were trimmed.
I played around making stuffed pork chops yesterday.  I ended up with mixing two recipes and although they were good, I made a few judgement calls that didn't pan out.  I did a two hour brine on the thick cut chops.  The stuffing was salted, cheesed (more salt) and prosciutto'd (more salt).  Too much salt.  I am always fearful of pork prep so I over cooked them by easily 5 minutes.




The polenta and pork base and mushroom gravy were the side.  I am still full.

I am off to the garden center with Regina this morning.  We are out of everything!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Headed off to check out recipe for Cauliflower and Caramelized Onion Tart! Thanks