Thursday, August 07, 2014

The Great Fixup

Yesterday consisted of following two guys around the house to measure and change windows and doors. The house is 23 years old and is in dire need of replacements. I decided to eliminate some windows and change some to from picture to the kind that open.  The house is full and I mean full of windows.  It's like a glass menagerie.



I also decided to make all the windows in the rooms that have the glass go all the way down to the deck
shorter by a foot so there is less strain on the house when the deck is filled with snow.  Thankfully we only see puddles when we come back for Christmas but I am sure there is leakage from the windows when we are not there.   So instead of the couple inches at the bottom of the windows, there will be a foot of structural stuff.  I know, I can sure talk the lingo.

There is a whole list of other things we want done that will have to be left for another day.

I got back from the grocery store this morning to a message on my answering machine from my doctor's nurse.

My thyroid is just fine.  So, hair loss and sleepiness is gonna be chalked up to getting deeper into the AARP age.  Someone needs to convince my brain that I am not 30 anymore.

2 comments:

Susan Turney said...

If you feel like your hair is getting thinner, try the new Loreal Volume Filler thickening shampoo and conditioner in the black and purple containers. It really works but you must use the conditioner or it feels like straw. Inexpensive fix from the drug store!

Mechelle said...

I've also heard a deficiency in one of the B vitamins can cause sleep loss in woman that are almost a certain age, happened to my MIL, but she is much older than you.