Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Initial Prep

The company starts it's arrival tonight.  I am up in the air as to whether they are gonna be able to have dinner here or not.  I have tentative plans for something special if they are gonna be here.  The family I am referring to is Bill and Claudia from St. Louis.



Everyone will be here by tomorrow night.  I have whipped up a bunch of morning glory muffins (mini's) and for a change up made a favorite cookie of my kids

when they were young.  I haven't made these in 25 years.  They are called Oat Lacies.

After Bella and G got back from their beach walk last night I looked at the horizion and saw these spectacular colors.  Nature is pretty darn grand.

Our little local paper has the front page saying, 'Farwell Summer'.  I never liked that.  I think September is summer too.  I get it that kids are back in school but there are lots of us that no longer attend school and would like the nice weather to be extended and enjoyed.  I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I don't know how you get all this cooking and prep work done and still sew and other 'stuff!! and then entertain everyone!! You are my hero!