Saturday, September 06, 2014

The Sweat Shop

I spent most of Thursday and yesterday morning harvesting basil for the last time this season. The majority of the time was spent picking the leaves off the stems and the washing and drying of the leaves. I measure 8 cups per batch before I wash them because they have some Seinfeld shrinkage and the measurement is no longer accurate after the shrinkage. I bagged up the finished pesto right after my girlfriends came. All done for the year. The sweat shop was a bit sweaty yesterday. It was unbelievably humid and for some reason, yet again the air conditioning wasn't working properly. We did the fan thing and we were still yuck. We were happy for the storm that rolled in when the sun set.

1 comment:

Susan Turney said...

Lol. Seinfeld shrinkage.