Saturday, October 25, 2014

Artsy Fartsy

I have received my last addition to my 12" block exchange that I recently had and it's a beauty.
The name of it is 'Fallen Leaf' and I think you can tell from the photo that the gold leaf is three dimensional.   Mary Ann did a great job on this quilt, even with having a new knee.  Great job!

I have certainly taken my sweet time painting these shams.  I was more than a little surprised to get them and have no yellow on them but only grey and white when the comforter, which I had already added turquoise to, had the yellow on it.  Now I am a little weary about putting the shams and comforter together, thinking that if the yellow doesn't match, I will have to scrap this.  Hey, no time like the present.  I am taking them down and matching them up.  After all, we are going to the Ellenton outlets today; if this doesn't work, maybe they have something that will!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I just posted all four of ours on my blog last week when I received Mary Ann's...isn't it wonderful...I love each of them for each of their uniqueness! Thanks for putting us in a challenge again!!