Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Crazy Florida

When I first saw this, I took it in stride, thinking that someone putting in a pool needed a cleanup in the adjoining road. Then when I saw it for three consecutive days ON MY STREET,

I had to rethink it. Then when nothing came to mind, I asked a new BFF, Abby and she told me that they regularly wash the sidewalks, curbs and street. I was flabbergasted! Have you ever? When we lived in Germany they did that but with a bucket and mop and that was because a herd of cows had just soiled the surroundings. No such happening here! Abby explained to me that they do it because it is included in our HOA dues we pay. Wow. At least we are employing some people that would otherwise not have a job? That's what I am hanging on to.

 
I got back from the dentist (not good news gum wise) and was explaining what I spent my last two and a half hours doing when he turned around and there was a dead gecko hanging from his shirt.  How does that happen?  I think I need to go back to bed.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Is that thing just hanging on by one little claw? That has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while! It needs some captioning :)

SpikeMuffin said...

Dr. Whaley! Those cleaners are casing the joint.

Mechelle said...

The little lizzards find there way into the worst places, found one the other day inside a cabinet w/glass doors - poor guy starved to death, nothing to eat but a little dust!

Robbie said...

Poor little thing!! It almost looks like he got stuck...maybe in the dryer!!! or got 'sat upon'!!! UGH!!!
I like your lizard story better!