Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

All my BFF's are in Houston at the International Quilt Festival and so are keeping me up to date as to what's going on. There is a lot of people watching and it never fails to entertain. So far, my favorite is this chick.
Not only are the shoes and socks typical of the normal quilter, but this gal has made a jumper and stitched the yearly festival bags to it, including the straps!!!  If the purpose was to eliminate carrying purchases in the hand, what about the strain on the back.  Clearly I am not a fan of this look.

It has been YEARS since we have lived anywhere where a trick or treater happens by but this new abode is not without kids.  In honor of that, we have purchased three 30 pack full size candy bars from Sam's Club to pay back for all the years (at least 10) that we didn't have to buy one.  I have put G on candy detail.  Otherwise it's sit in a dark house for four hours.  Is that what you do?

4 comments:

Mechelle said...

oh my she didn't even cut off the bag straps, she is going to get hung up on every door knob she walks past.....

Mike said...

One year when money was tight, I bought a few bags of packaged SWEETARTS and gave each child a handful...UNTIL...one little darling said to me "Sweetarts!!!I hate Sweetarts, do you have anything else?" That kind of changed my attitude towards Halloween.

Gayle from MI said...

WE had hundreds of trick or treaters at our other house. We moved here and maybe get 10 if that. This year I'm going to my daughters house because she lives in a huge neighborhood and our house will be dark for the first time in 40 years. Makes me sad.

Irene said...

I would have sworn that was a man but what do I know. We get very few kids here - just enough to be annoying. I wish we could put the basket by the door and tell them to help themselves but that would only happen in a dream world. Leo gets the door and Ben and I hang out behind closed doors.