Thursday, November 06, 2014

Doggy Style



I love this paper pieced dog and decided when my sister was finishing up her blocks for Chai that I wanted to do it for the next raffle for the humane society.  Because it is very labor intensive I had decided to set a time to do one a day so the burden wouldn't be so great.  But just getting ready for one was a bit daunting, let alone 20 or so.


I ended up cutting large sections of each color and labeling them and then sticking a straight pin through the whole amount.  I started with cutting out 10 dog blocks.

These are all black noses, ears, and legs and tail.   The next group will be brown and then I will wreck a noter.  It makes the project easier if I do a block a day.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Do I have to look for buttons again? For the eyes?
Just wondering.

Synthia said...

Labor intensive, but adorable.